Sovereign Hill Experience

Mine Tour

When we first got to Sovereign Hill we went on a mine tour underground and it was very exciting. We got to see a real piece of gold in the wall and it was very shiny! I really like going underground in mines because I like being with my friend and the lights aren’t very bright!

School

At St Peters school I learnt to write with a quill and write calligraphy and I learnt to use a copper plate. I also learnt about what class rooms were like in 1850’s. I also learnt that girls always got to go first. Different genders used different toys. I learnt how to gold pan properly to find little bits of gold in the river.

My favourite part was being the doorman and holding the gate open for everyone. I also liked assisting Sir and Ma’am by taking their umbrellas and hats. My other favourite part was when the vicar came to school because he was very funny and nice. I also really, really liked playing badminton over the fence with bones.

Free Time

In our free time on the first day we went up to the bowling alley to do some bowling. It was really fun and you weren’t allowed to bowl with one hand! On the second day we all got to go buy things with our $25 and I got a walking stick for $9! I also bought three bags of Raspberry drops for around $7!

Food

The food on the first morning was great! I had nutrigrain and toast for breakfast and it was awesome! There was also warm milo to drink and it was delicious! The food was really great compared to my old schools camp food. For lunch we had the food we had ordered at school and I got a sausage roll and it was delicious. For dinner we had Awesome pasta and very tasty chips! Its was very nice and I loved it. For drinks we had orange cordial that I loved.

Overall camp was very fun and exciting and I loved it. I was sad to leave but also happy because then I would be able to see my family again!

One thought on “Sovereign Hill Experience

1. Hi Alex
    I liked how you put headings for everything I wish I did that. I also liked the food on the first morning. We learnt a lot and I know you did too.
    What did you find challenging at sovereign Hill?