Toonallook Reflection

Toonallook Blog reflection

This term all four classes went to Toonallook camp for three nights. Our class was last, but when we finally went it was FABULOUS! We all had lots of fun and everything was fabulous!

It was a four hour bus ride there with one stop for a snack. I am used to long car rides because when I was in prep we travelled around australia and the car rides were usually 10 hours. When we got to camp we all had lunch and then we found out who was in our cabin. I got George, Max and Oscar in my cabin. We then got a tour of the camp and the staff showed us where everything was. Then we had our first challenge, the photo rally. For the challenge we were given photos of something in the camp and we had to go find it. My partner was George and I think we did really well. We got stuck on a photo of two poles next to bushes. We then had afternoon tea and then then we learnt how to play King Ball! King Ball is a really competitive game and it’s loads of fun! When I first played it I was terrible but the more we played the better I got! For dinner that night we had burrito and they were delicious! Once we had dinner, we learnt how to play the shoe game! We were divided into two groups and we named our group Jaz’s Jellybeans and the other group was called the Afterburners. The shoe game was really fun and exciting!

The next day we went and saw the water police! They let is come on their boat and they taught us a lot about what they do and how they do it! After that we did kayaking and bike riding! My group did bike riding first and we got bitten by lots of mosquitoes whenever we stopped to let people catch up! When we got back from bike riding we switched with the other group and we went kayaking and they went bike riding. I liked kayaking more because we didn’t get bitten by lots of mosquitoes! We tried to get everyone on two kayaks but we capsized! When we got back we had to go have a shower and then we packed our bags to go to the expo camp site! We got to the camp site and got a tour of the camp site and started to set up our camp sites. Setting up the was not too hard but it was very fun. For dinner we had burgers and they were yum! We then lit the fire and played a game named Empire and we had to guess Disney characters other people had chosen! Once the game had finished we went on a night to the beach to watch the sunset! We then walked back and slept in our tents. I love sleeping in tents and it’s really really fun. 

On the third day we drove to Paynesville and then caught a ferry over to Raymond Island to go bike riding on the island. While we were riding we spotted lots of koalas and Oscar and I were singing songs about drop bears! We also saw a scar tree! We then rode back to have lunch with the other group because they had just been fishing. After lunch we switched with the other group and they went bike riding and we went fishing! Sadly, we didn’t catch anything for the whole time! We then got a boat ride back to camp and it was really fast! For dinner we had lasagne and for dessert we had Jelly and ice cream!

On the last day we woke up really early to go see the sunrise and it was very nice. We then had the Toona challenge! The Toona challenge was a challenge that the Year elevens, Coco and Jaz set up! The Toona challenge was really fun and exciting! We then went inside to see who won the competition! Sadly, The Afterburners beat us by two points! We then grabbed our bags and walked to the bus. 

Highlights

My highlights were playing king ball with my friends and the food was delicious and the activities were AWESOME!

P.L.A’s

We had to use lots of P.L.A’s on camp!

Collaboration: We had to work with people in activities.

Resilience: We had to be resilient in challenges if things don’t go our way

Knowledge: we used knowledge to build our tents.

Connectedness: we had to connect with people in activities to succeed.

Were you good at King Ball?

6 thoughts on “Toonallook Reflection

1. Amazing reflection- so many memories
    I am glad you had such a great time and improved your King Ball skills!
    You really demonstrated lots of PLA’s and I think that you made some new friends too!
    King Ball is fun … but I was not that great at it!

2. That was super cool! You were probably the best at king ball in the class. I had fun on the toona challenge as well
    What did you think of the sunrise?

3. Great reflection Alex there was a lot of detail in it and I got a full picture of what you did. Even though we were on camp together I still got a good picture of camp from your point of you.

From George

4. I had great time with you in the cabin and during King Ball even through you were with Sylvie in the power couple and the drop bear song was great

5. Hi Alex it sounds like you had a great time at camp, I really liked how you put a lot of detail.
    Keep up the good work
    Charlie.

6. Hi Kiercy!
    Great reflection! I also really enjoyed camp. I loved king ball. Currao says you were the best in the class at it. I like how you put so much effort in into the reflection. Nice pictures as well!
    Nik